Sunday 1 February 2015

Easy lemon drizzle loaf cake

Lemon cake is one of my favorite cakes, so on the weekend I decided to bake a lemon drizzle loaf. I was keen to find a recipe that meant I could bake with what I all ready had in the house and came across this one which can be found here.    

Ingredients

175g self-raising flour1 teaspoon baking powder175g soft butter 175g caster sugar3 medium eggs (I used free range)2 tablespoons milkRind of 2 lemons

For the syrup

Juice of 2 lemons
115g  caster sugar

Method

Sift all your dry ingredients into a large bowl and give it a quick stir.

Add all your wet ingredients into the same bowl a bit at a time, being careful not to over mix.




Great two lemons until they are fully 'naked'.
Add the zest to your mix and give it one fine stir.

Line your loaf tine with parchment paper. It's a bit easier if you butter the tin first as it acts like a glue.
Pour your yummy lemony mix into the tin, tap on the work surface a few times to get rid of air bubbles and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
Pop it in the oven for about an hour. I put it in for a shorter time because my oven gets ridiculously hot but as long as the top isn't wiggling when you lightly shake it and the knife comes out clean it will be ready. 
While it was baking I measured out my sugar and squeezed the naked lemons ready to make the syrup.
Once I took the loaf cake out the oven I put the sugar and lemon juice in to a pan and put it on a low heat until all the sugar was dissolved.


Pour the syrup over the loaf and serve while still warm or wait until fully cooled.


I had a slice warm and a slice cold the next day. I thought it tasted more yummy the next day as the syrup was soaked up by the cake.
It was very easy to make, so if you love cake and love a citrus kick why not give it a go?

Happy baking,
Ms B
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment