Tuesday 17 June 2014

Chocolate orange cupcake

My friends and I have started hosting a 'pub quiz' style night in each others houses and with all the fun, snacks and cloudy lemonade I thought it would be the perfect excuse to bake. I love to bake (if you haven't all ready figured that out) but what I like most is sharing my bakes with friends and family.
There have only been two 'quiz nights' so far but for the first one I make some cookies and used my cookie stamper, you can fine the post about it here.
This time I make chocolate orange cupcakes. I wanted to make these as the host for that night is a chocolate orange fan and I found a yummy recipe online which you can find here.
If you are new at baking there are lots of recipes online with different difficulty ratings and if you are a bit more confident you can adapt the recipes you find by adding your own touch. 

When I first make the cake mix it looked a bit runny but they turned out good. I baked them in my silicone cupcake cases which are a good investment if you bake a lot for your friends. 

This wasn't part of the recipe but I was tight for time so I used ready made chocolate icing then cup up some of the orange I used for the sponge mix and topped off the cupcakes.
 
I made sure I saved some for work the next day and they went down a treat! 
For a different look I sprinkled some green...sprinkles on top :D  

This was a very easy recipe and it was easy to adapt. I may try it again this weekend but make it as a layer cake! Why not give it a go?
Happy baking,
Ms B
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment