Sunday 15 June 2014

Father's day cake

Just a short post today. If you didn't know all ready it's Father's in the UK. Daddy B has seen me make many cakes in his kitchen and take them away without a morsel left for him to try. He has also seen me make cupcakes and cookies which he has been top taste tester! 
As he has been working today we went for a meal last Wednesday and I made him a cake which some of you might have seen on my Twitter and Facebook accounts :) 
For those of you that didn't here it is...



My Dad is a chocolate monster so I made him this double chocolate cake with fresh strawberrys on top and some sprinkles for a spot of colour.
If you would like to have a go making this cake just follow the recipe from my 'The basic chocolate sponge' post. I cheated with the icing as I was tight for time so used Sainsbury's Chocolate Buttercream Icing which is more rich than my butter icing. However, if you want to make your own check out my 'Basic chocolate butter icing'. post. 
Daddy B has been a star so it was the least I could do. 
Why not try baking this for someone special to you?
Happy Father's day and happy baking,

Ms B
xx

  

No comments:

Post a Comment