Sunday 11 May 2014

Creme egg brownies

I realise this is a late post, but hey better late than never! 
I have wanted to make these brownies for a while and Easter weekend came round so I gave it a go. 
The recipe I used was from The Broke Boy  I'd recommend checking out his blog or follow him on Twitter.
Now lets begin:

Ingredients:

185g unsalted butter 
185g best dark chocolate 
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder 
3 large eggs 
275g golden caster sugar 
6 Cadbury’s Crème eggs cut in half.

Method:

As always I measure out all my ingredients before I begin.

Pre-heat the oven to 160. The first step is to melt your chocolate, I used Morrison's M Signature 72% Cocoa Dark Chocolate 100g  as it was on offer at £1 each. I got two of these which was enough for the recipe and a little bit to snack on. As long as the dark chocolate is &)% cocoa or more it should work.
I have shown you in previous posts the two ways to melt chocolate, I used the hot water in a pan and a bowl placed over method for this one. 
Place a heat proof bowl over a pan with boiling water, add the chocolate and the butter stir now and again until it's all melted. 

Place the sugar and eggs into a bowl. I took Broken Boy's advice to mix it a bit with a spoon before using the eclectic mixer. Mix until the mixer doubles in size (about 5 mins).

Fold the chocolate/butter mix into the egg and sugar mix.
 Add the dry ingredients and fold in.
Now these is were I think it all went wrong. I sadly don't own a brownie tin so instead I used a casserole dish and lined it with parchment paper.
Pop in the oven for 15 mins before tanking out and adding your half cut cream eggs. I managed to fit 9 halves on mine so I got to eat one, it wasn't planned that way honest ;)
This was the result and one of many puddings I had over Easter weekend.
My boy's Mum made home made apple pie (yum) and my favorite, lemon cake. 

I cut the brownies into individual pieces ready for our triple pudding feast.

There were very gooey in the middle, too gooey and I even tried putting them back int he oven for a while. The conclusion I came to was that I need to try these in a real brownie tin or  needed to mix the eggs and sugar for a bit longer. However, everyone still ate them even if they didn't turn out the way I planned. I will be trying out some brownies recipes again. 
Why not have a try and see how yours turn out.
Happy baking,

Ms B

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment