Saturday 31 May 2014

Cookie Stamp Review

Cookie stamps have been on my list of things to try for a while now and I found a pack in ALDI which included six rubber stamps and a wooden stamper.

The messages included; Home Made, I <3 cookies, Eat Me, Made With Love and two seasonal stamps; Happy Easter, Merry Christmas. i thought this was a bargain at £3.99 but the real test was if they worked.   
There are lots of recipes out there, I found this one on The English Kitchen Blog  and it's egg free!

Ingredients:

124g (4 1/2 oz) butter, at room temperature (a generous half cup)110g  (1/2 cup) caster sugar1/2 tsp vanilla paste (I didn't have this so used vanilla extract)60ml (1/4 cup) milk150g (1 cup) plain flour
110g (3/4 cup) self raising flour


Method:

As always I measure out all my ingredients first.
Pre-heat the oven to 180*. The English Kitchen then says to line your baking tray with parchment paper however, I don't own one yet so I turned over a roasting tin and lined that.
Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light in colour.
   
Add the milk and dry ingredients a bit at a time and mix until incorporated. 

I thought it looked it looked a bit wet but trust me it is meant to be like that.
Take a table spoon and scoop out the mix. I think I was a bit too erogenous with this as they came out as mega cookies!  

Use your hands to roll into a ball (of course, make sure they are clean) 

Choose your rubber stamp 

Push the stamp down on the dough ball and then lift.


As you can see it didn't turn out that well so I tried doing it again but before I pushed the stamp down I dipped it in flour and I also put the dough in the fridge for 15-20 mins.

I did this with all the stamps and as you can see they turned out much better.

Bake int he oven for 15 -18 minuets or until they turn golden brown.
Here were the results. 

As I didn't have a baking tray I turned over a glass oven dish, however the second batch slipped off (luckily on the parchment) so I squished the dough together, popped it in the fridge for 10 minuets and tried again. As you can see they turned out with a more rustic look but tasted just as yummy! 

I took these into work and also round to a friends, they all said they tasted good, even if they were being polite I thought they were yummy too.
Over all these were a good investment. There are lots of rubber cookie stamps online so why not give them a go?

Happy baking,

Ms B
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment