Thursday 1 January 2015

A Cakie Christmas

Well that's it. Another Christmas over and what a lovely one it was. I wasn't in a very festive mood last year but after a trip to Winter Wonderland and seeing lots of old friends I was all for it this time round.  
Now it wouldn't be Christmas without a bit of baking and I tried a few bakes I haven't tried before and some didn't go to plan. The one I was happy about was the stained glass window cookies, I found this recipe on BBC Good Food and can be found here. I loved the concept but I was skeptical about it working. I found the mixture sticky which made cutting out the middle difficult. 


I was very happy with my first attempt but i think next time I might find a sightly different recipe and use bigger cutters. These looked lovely on my first real Christmas tree.

I had a lot of the mix left over but instead of making more I made this giant heart! If you can't be soppy at Christmas then when can you be?

   Being a recreational baker I had some lovely Christmas presents from family and friends.
I can't wait to use all the above!
 One of my best friends gave me a jar of fruit cake ingredients she found at Ludlow Food Festival. When I bake this and invite the girls round for games and cake!

Another one of my best friends gave me this personalised stamp which I will be using every time a bake.
 Above are some reindeer cookie cutters which I had as my secret Santa present this year. The person who gave them really thought about me and also baked some gingerbread cookies to go with them.
I am so grateful for all the gifts I received this year ans the time I got to spend with family and friends. 
I would love to know if you had any baking gifts for Christmas and what your favorite Christmas bakes were.

Ms B
    xx    

No comments:

Post a Comment