Sunday 6 April 2014

A very Mary Berry afternoon

What's more fun than baking? Baking with a friend of course. This is exactly what I did this Saturday with my friend the lovely Laura Taylor.


Laura and I met at Glyndwr University back in 2008 (wow has it been that long already??) Laura studied media and media communications and I studied media and writing. We were in a few classes together and it's safe to say we hit it off straight away.
The last time we saw one another was about a year ago and things have rapidly changed for the good. We are both now in a jobs that relate to our degrees, Laura has moved in with her fiance and I'm moving in with my boy in the summer, so what better way to celebrate than to bake!

We both love Mary Berry so decided to dedicate the afternoon to her. Laura said she is new to baking and had some disasters along the way, (haven't we all?) "Lets start with something simple and easy" she said so we decided to make a Victoria Sponge and finger sandwiches.

For the fillings we decided on roasted sweet red peppers with cream cheese and the classic, egg mayo.

 Our Victoria Sponge -  A first for both of us :)

It's all in the tasting.





 As you can see Laura is a little bit more elegant than I am! 
It was a fun afternoon, filled with giggles and lovely home made food. Laura said she baked some mini scones the other week which were amazing so next time it's her turn to teach me a trick or two ;)
I will be posting how we made our lovely creations in the next post so you can have a go too. In the mean time have a think about your favorite classic cakes, I'd love to know your thoughts :)
Happy baking,

Ms B
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment